Cale Byers Résumé
You may download this résumé as a PDF, which looks best when printed. For screens, this webpage is generally better. If you print from your browser, this paragraph will automatically disappear from your document.
Junior math major at PSU. Enjoy photography, journalism, privacy activism, and cooking/gardening. Interested in education, civic design, sustainability, and waste management.
- Squad Member, Mod Pizza, Happy Valley — November 2019 — February 2020
- Make pizzas, prep food, wash dishes, clean lobby, and hold conversation with guests.
- Server, Bob’s Red Mill, Milwaukie — September 2019 — November 2019
- Deliver food and connect with guests, share information about company, locate products and answer questions, assist kitchen with light food prep and other tasks. Help maintain appearance of restaurant.
- Server Assistant, The Barberry, McMinnville — August 2018 — June 2019
- Seat tables, run food, clear tables, help with other tasks. Some serving experience, sales components through menu knowledge, assessing guests’ preferences. Worked as dishwasher in 2017.
- Cleaning Services, Linfield College: July 2018 — May 2019
- Work with teams to clean dorms, classrooms, and other areas. Document maintenance needs and minor repairs. Installation of shower curtains, replacing lights, etc, while co-ordinating with students’ schedules to respect their space.
- Supervisor, Starbucks, Linfield College; McMinnville: April 2017 — May 2018
- Training baristas, demonstrating procedures, engage with customers. Responsible for closing store, handling cash deposits, unloading inventory, and other tasks.
- Barista, Starbucks, Safeway; Stayton, OR: June 2016 — October 2016
- Learned to make drinks and provide great customer service. Extensive memorization of processes for different drinks, and ability to make adjustments as needed for health reasons or other preferences. Basic upkeep of store area, sweeping, cleaning surfaces, restocking, etc.
- WISE Mentor, Patton Middle School; McMinnville, OR: 2014 — 2015
- Met with middle school students to provide supportive mentorship, work on homework, and play games on a weekly basis.
- Telemarketing, Minuteman Press International, (remote): 2014
- Communicate with Southern California regional Vice President, contacting lists of interested franchisees who recently attended business shows. Relay information about the company, determine interest and schedule tours in the area.
- Portland State University — 2019-present
- Linfield College, McMinnville, OR — 2017-19
- Chemeketa, Salem, OR — 2016-2017
- Shipping and packaging products - have my own eBay store
- Math, photography, writing, reading. Enjoy reading laws and navigating complex documents.
- Talking to others, answering questions and helping them make decisions.
- Sales experience with Starbucks, Minuteman Press telemarketing, and to a lesser extent restaurant serving.
- Web design, computer and phone security. Capable with software.
- Critical of existing systems and looking for improvements. I enjoy cleaning, planting flowers, and making places more beautiful and inviting.
- Operating landscaping equipment and power tools, performing maintenance, and other tasks.